Last Updated and Effective Date: 7/28/2021
- Scope and Consent
- Collection of Information
- Uses of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Do Not Track Signals
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Third Party Links
- Contact Us
SCOPE AND CONSENT
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information Your Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, in order for you to contact our customer affairs via the Site, you may provide us with personal information such as your name, phone number, postal address, and e-mail addresses. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums on social media or otherwise complete online forms or surveys, we may collect any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
We automatically track and collect certain information when you visit our Site, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your (i) IP address (a set of numbers that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet); (ii) domain server (a computer that stores web site files and provides them to people who request them); (iii) hardware model and operating system version; and (iv) type of web browser.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about you. “Cookies” are data files stored on your computer that help us monitor use of our Site, see which areas of our Services are popular, and improve your experience. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about use based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior or past purchases.
USES OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to send you information about our products, customize and tailor your experience on the Site, and improve our Services. We also may use the information we collect to:
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Sara Lee Frozen Bakery;
- Provide and administer our Van’s Fans Club program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Sara Lee Frozen Bakery and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services; and
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We disclose personal information with our affiliates, vendors, and third-party service providers that perform services on behalf of us or assist Sara Lee Frozen Bakery as part of our delivery of products, services or information;
- We may share personal information to comply with a valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order;
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests,
- We may disclose personal information as necessary to respond to a breach or attempted breach of the security of our Site;
- We may also transfer personal information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonable be used to identify you.
Although reasonable efforts are made to secure network communications and your personal information, we cannot ensure the privacy of online communications and your personal information. You provide all such information at your own risk. Individuals using online services should take steps to protect personal information, such as closing the web browser when finished using the Site. Failure to do so may result in personal information being viewed by someone else using the same computer.
Our Site and Services are not intended for minors under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about minors under the age of 16.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
This Site does not currently support certain browser settings or otherwise respond to Do Not Track requests.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information and inferences. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Uses of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed and/or “sold” (as that term is used under the CCPA) the following categories of personal information to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information Disclosed Categories of Recipients Identifiers
Examples: Name, phone number, email address and postal address
Internet service providers, customer service providers, sales and marketing service providers and social media networks Commercial information
Examples: Products purchased and purchasing tendencies
Internet service providers, customer service providers, and sales and marketing service providers Internet or other electronic network activity information
Examples: Browsing history, IP address, interactions with the Site
Internet service providers, sales and marketing service providers, data analytics providers, and social media networks Inferences
Examples: Customer product preferences
Internet service providers, customer service providers, and sales and marketing service providers
Under California law, you have the right to opt out of these sales at any time by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Privacy Web Form or by emailing us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you also have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request to delete your personal information, and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests using our Privacy Web Form or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as your name and email address. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
THIRD PARTY LINKS